DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTERS (DPF's)
for Cat 3400, 3500 and 3600 series diesel engines
WHAT IT IS
A Diesel Particulate Filter is a filtration system designed to reduce particulate, carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon emissions. This solution can bring existing CAT 3400, 3500 and 3600 Series diesel engines into regulatory compliance.
HOW IT WORKS
A series of alternately blocked channels forces the exhaust gas to flow through the channel walls, where the particulates are physically captured and chemical reactions take place. Carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons are converted into carbon dioxide and water. Backpressure is reduced through a process called passive regeneration that automatically removes excess particulate matter.
WHAT IT DOES
- Particulate reduction greater than 85%*
- Carbon monoxide reduction greater than 90%*
- Hydrocarbon reduction greater than 90%*
- Diagnostic module for backpressure and exhaust temperature
- Backpressure less than 18 of water (critical grade silencer)
- Alarm notification for high pressure levels
* When properly sized, clean, operating about 300°C and using ultra low sulfur diesel fuel.
Peterson at the Forefront of Clean Technology
Peterson Power is always a leader in using new technology. We've worked with several products and we insist on only offering the best product based on your needs.
Learn more about how diesel particulate filters are being integrated into on-highway applications in the video below.
Maintaining your Diesel Particulate Filter
Today, many generators are being factory equipped or retrofitted with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs) to meet current emission regulations or bring existing diesel engines into regulatory compliance. With the addition of a DPF and added backpressure, the way we maintain and operate the generator may need to be changed.