CAT® SELECTIVE CATALYTIC REDUCTION
For CAT 3400, 3500 and 3600 Series Gas and Diesel Engines
WHAT IT IS
Selective Catalytic Reduction effectively removes most nitrogen oxide emissions (NOx) from engines. For CAT 3400, 3500 and 3600 Series stationary gas and diesel engines, Selective Catalytic Reduction is the most durable and reliable process to reduce NOx. This is the only aftertreatment effective for reducing NOx.
HOW IT WORKS
The process eliminates more than 90% of NOx emissions by injecting urea, a non-hazardous solution, into the exhaust system. At temperatures above 300°C, urea decomposes to form nitrogen and water, eliminating most exhaust emissions in the process.
WHAT IT DOES
- NOx reduction greater than 90% in open loop system
- NOx reduction greater than 95% in closed loop system
- Continuous monitoring of atmospheric conditions and engine parameters
- Caterpillar Warranty of one year or 8,000 hours of operation from time of sale
- Optimum product support and system integration provided by your CAT dealer
- Stainless steel construction for longer life
- Limited maintenance coincides with regular engine maintenance