ONE YEAR WARRANTY
on all Cat® marine parts
Out on the water, having equipment you can depend on is critical. But if something does go wrong, you need a warranty you can rely on too. Caterpillar is pleased to announce that Cat branded marine parts used in Cat branded marine applications will carry a one-year warranty, effective June 1, 2012 that will be honored globally by all Cat dealers and authorized marine dealers. No matter where you are in the world, you can have confidence knowing your vessel can get the service and support you need, where and when you need it.
Customer FAQ for Marne Parts Warranty Extension from 6 months to 1 year
1. What is changing?
- The purpose of this communication is to advise Dealers and Customers Worldwide is increasing the warranty on Cat parts used in Marine Applications from 6 months to 1 year per warranty statement SELF5517.
- Warranty Statement SELF5517 contains all final terms and conditions all final terms and conditions that apply to this warranty extension.
2. Will this include all Marine Parts?
- Yes, the warranty covers all Cat parts used in Cat Marine Engines, Cat Marine Generator Sets, Cat Branded Marine Control Systems and Cat Branded Marine Transmissions.
3. Does this change improve our warranty as relative to our competitors?
- This change will ensure that Caterpillar is at the current industry standard of one year parts warranty.
4. Why is this change being made?
- Caterpillar Marine “Listened to our Customers” and ascertained that our Customers wanted 12 months Parts Warranty and Caterpillar is responding to this request.
5. Will this change be retroactive?
- No, the warranty is a legal agreement and as such is for all parts sold or utilized in service work on or after June 1, 2012.
6. Will Caterpillar parts pricing be increased as a result of this change?
Why choose Cat parts and service?
Watch the video below to learn why the OCEARCH team relies on Cat marine engines and parts, and the Cat dealer service network for tough jobs.