Electric utilities can fail or be shut off for safety concerns — forest fires, earthquakes, civil unrest, snowstorms, bad lines, utility testing, terrorism, and more. Are you prepared to lose power to your home or business for several days?
Peterson Cat is California and Oregon's source for Cat backup power and the industry’s best power accessories. Indicate your need below—we proudly serve homeowners through our subsidiary, Cresco—and we’ll put you in touch with the right person to make sure you're ready for any power interruption.
select your segment
For over 80 years, we have partnered with our customers to build a better future, providing power to millions.
- Emergency Generator Service
- Largest Selection of Rental Generators
- 20 kW to 3 MW Generator Sets
- Nation-wide Generator Deployment
- Turnkey Generator Assistance
- 29 Locations in Northern California
- Designed-to-spec Generator Systems
- Expert Service and Sales Staff
- Compliance Services Included
from Modern Wellness Guide
What You Can Do to Prepare for a Blackout
When the power goes out, essential items in your home will no longer work, which can prove costly or even fatal. We asked a couple of industry experts about what you can do to brace for an outage.