Making Sustainable Progress Possible
Keep your industries producing, communities developing, and people connected. Caterpillar is at the forefront of the energy transition, integrating renewable power with smart energy storage and state-of-the-art reciprocating engines.
The Cat Microgrid system provides:
- Increased energy efficiency with no reliance on the grid and optimal total cost of ownership
- Efficient power that can be produced where and when it's needed without transmission lines and transformer losses
- High performance, scalable systems designed and built using standardized building blocks that are easy and quick to install even in challenging environments
To learn more, check out Caterpillar Microgrid 101, where you can watch a free webinar.
Cat Photovoltaic Solar Modules
Powered by advanced thin-film solar modules that are setting the industry benchmark with improved performance over conventional silicon solar panels, the Cat Solar Microgrid system offers:
- Superior Performance. Reliable and predictable energy in all climates and applications particularly in high temperature, high humidity, extreme desert, and coastal environments where it generates more energy than multi-crystalline silicon solar modules.
- Robust Modules. Modules are independently tested to pass accelerated life and stress tests beyond industry standards (including Thresher, IEC, ISO, UL, CSI, MCS, CEC and other international standards) and come with warranty protection.
- A Scalable, Compatible, and Easy to Install System. A fully scalable, pre-engineered solar microgrid system.
Complete Control Of Your System With Our Microgrid Master Controller (mmc) And Cat® Connect
The MMC manages every source in the entire Cat Microgrid system, including main-grid when connected, keeping loads energized all the time, with high quality power at the lowest possible cost.
Cat Connect helps you track and manage the operation of a smart microgrid system, confirm desired cost savings, flag potential problems, perform remote troubleshooting, and identify opportunities for further operational or system enhancement.
Energy Storage Paired With Cat Bi-direction Power (BDP) Module For Ultimate System Efficiency
The Cat BDP module offers state-of-the-art energy conversion and storage technologies. This includes the Cat power electronics system, renowned for its operational capabilities in harsh environments, as demonstrated by its use in the Cat D7E track-type tractor.
World-class power, electronic insulated gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs) seamlessly control the charge and discharge of the energy storage, providing another tried and tested Caterpillar technology that is fully operational in the field with support from the Cat dealer network.
Energy storage technologies from traditional lead-acid to lithium ion can be combined according to the needs of your application.
See Why You Can Trust Your Project To Caterpillar
Caterpillar offers a full range of Cat Microgrid systems from 10 kW to 100 MW. Fully supported by your local Cat dealer, we are with you at every phase of your project – from the delivery of your complete turnkey or design-to-order system with maximized renewable penetration to product upgrades, financing services, warranty, service agreements, and parts availability.