Last updated: December 30, 2019
This Privacy Notice for California Residents (the “Notice”) supplements the information contained in the Website Privacy Statement for Peterson Power Systems, Inc. (“we”, “us”, “our”) and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”).
We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, account name, account ID, IP address, e-mail address, tax identification number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other Personal Information such as your telephone number, facsimile number, and bank account information, credit card number, or other financial information.
- Classifications protected by California law such as your age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Internet or network activity such as your browsing history, information on your interaction with a website, application or advertisement.
- Commercial information such as records of equipment, parts, or services purchased or purchasing history or tendencies.
- Geological data such as your physical location or movements.
We obtain the above categories of personal information from several sources, including the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. This includes information you provide by filling out forms on our Website , by e-mail or over the telephone, such as information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, purchasing equipment or parts, servicing equipment, or requesting further services on or through the Website or by email.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. We may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about you, your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services site:
- Cookies – small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our Website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our Website. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our Website may be lost. Certain of our web page, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser;
- Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) – data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usages, particularly for video, interactive gaming, or other similar services.
- Web beacons – small graphic images on a web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Web server logs – records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. A web server log may, for example, record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Geo-location technologies refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.
- From third parties, such as our trusted business partners, affiliates, distributors, or publicly available sources. Information collected may be associated with your personal information or these third parties may collect information, including personal information, about equipment or product you purchased or service requested or furnished.
Finally, we may also collect your aggregated or de-identified information which is information that cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to you.
Please note that we do not knowingly collect or sell any personal information of minors under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you can look at our Website, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We primarily use or disclose the personal information that we collect to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your personal information to track your purchase history, suggest products, and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us, and to maintain business records. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing notice to you.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Corporate affiliates. We may share certain personal information with our affiliates, including our parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries and related affiliates, including distributors and manufacturers of products sold by us.
- Service providers. We may also share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering products, sending postal mail, text messages, and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
- Other third parties. We may share your personal information to other third parties for a business purpose, including our accountants, attorneys and other service providers necessary to facilitate the sales and maintenance of equipment, parts and other products.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We recognize and understand that our customers trust us to protect their personal information and we take that task seriously. We respect the privacy of our customers and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect to protect personal information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected and/or Disclosed
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and have confirmed your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information about you;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you( also called a data portability request); and
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and have confirmed your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to retain that information to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with applicable law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
Peterson Power Systems, Inc.
955 Marina Boulevard
San Leandro, California 94577
Attn: Legal Department, Privacy
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identify or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identify before granting access or making corrections. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identify or authority to make the request.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
- Response Timing and Format
We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CHANGES TO OUR NOTICE